When I saw this recipe on baking mad I just knew I had to share it with you on my blog!! Its super simple to do and tastes just amazing!!
The recipe makes 12 amazing soft , fruity cakes.. i enjoyed mine warm with a hot chocolate last night
Well summer in England hasnt actually been that great this year, but trying to keep my spirits high i have been baking with lots of different fruits. I like the tart taste of rasperries..plus they look like a really pretty colour on the top of these pretty fairy cakes. My challenge this week is to do a fruit a day recipe all week to try and expriment as much as possible before auturm falls upon us. Yesterday i was impressed by my banana loaf cake!! It was really tasty.. i added a few walnuts to add a bit more texture!
Ok so lets start todays recipe Raspberry Friands Fairy Cakes , here what you will need……..
Raspberry Friands Fairy Cakes Ingredients:
• 250g Unrefined Golden Icing Sugar
• 70g Self Raising Flour
• 100g Ground Almonds
• 5 Large Happy Eggs
• 175g Salted Butter, Melted
• 1 Tsp Almond Extract
• 150g Unrefined Golden Icing Sugar for dusting
• 100g Raspberries Fresh
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
2. Place 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin.
3. Sift the icing sugar and self raising flour into a large jug.
4. Add the ground almonds, egg whites, butter and almond essence and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour this mixture between the muffin cases, and top with the raspberries.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the friands are golden and spring back when pressed.
7. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.
8. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Why not change the cases to a red or pink poker dot? This would be great for serving to friends and family as it would add colour making them stand out.