I love the look of these fabulous pistachio cupcakes by BBC GoodFood , they are simple to make and if left unfrosted can be frozen until needed up to 3 months later…. bonus
These batch of cupcakes are absoutley delicious, they have a light textured sponge with the fine crunch of ground cooked pistachio nuts, accompanied with a sweet layer of smooth icing sugar.
The following recipe makes 12 Cupcakes
Per serving 1 cupcake:
326 calories, protein 4g, carbohydrate 45g, fat 16 g, saturated fat 7g, fibre 0g, sugar 36g, salt 0.34 g
- 100g pistachios
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 140g butter , very soft
- 2 eggs
- 140g self-raising flour
- 5 tbsp milk
- edible glitter , to decorate
For The Icing:
- 250g icing sugar , sifted
- mint green food colouring
1. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cases.
Put 85g pistachios into a food processor with about half the sugar, then whizz until very finely chopped. Tip into a large mixing bowl with the remaining sugar, butter, eggs, flour and milk and beat until smooth. Divide between cases, then bake on a low shelf for 22-25 mins until a skewer poked in comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack.
2. For the icing, mix just enough water into the icing sugar to get a very thick but still runny icing – just add 1 tbsp of water at a time. Stir in enough food colouring to give a pretty, pale green colour. If any cakes poke above the top of the cases, trim with a small knife, or scoop out with a teaspoon – being very careful not to release any of the case from the sides of the cake.
Put a generous spoonful of icing on each cake and let it gently spread to cover. Chop the remaining pistachios and scatter these over with a pinch of edible glitter. Set, then serve.
For a party or occasion why not display the cupcakes on a cake stand like pictured, it will really fiish off the overall design of your finshed cakes.