Are you planning a Sesame Street Kid’s party for your kids? Then check out these Elmo Cupcakes. Then all you really need to bake are Elmo cupcakes. These cupcakes are the best additions to any party that is sure to give your kids the highest form of delight. Elmo cupcakes are very attractive cakes moms can easily make and serve in a kid’s party. And you’ll be surprised as to how easily you can make them, although they look dauntingly too complicated to start with.
There’s really nothing special about Elmo cupcakes other than its design. Basically, you can use just about any other cupcake recipe for the base. If you want to make it simple, you can opt for a vanilla cupcake recipe. If you want it to be extra special, why not follow a chocolate cupcake recipe instead?So start baking those cupcakes to perfection. Once they’re ready, you can proceed to the next step of the process, which is designing the cupcake. You have to take each cupcake and design them individually and make them look like Elmo.
How? Here are the steps for perfect Elmo Cupcakes:
- Prepare some red icing. That’s what you’ll use for Elmo’s face. You can use the same butter cream frosting recipe, just add in food color in it to make it red. You’ll also need a small star tip, to put it on top of the cupcake. Use tip #21 for the best results. You’ll use this for Elmo’s fur.
- Put the red icing on top of the cupcake, taking time to apply the frosting from the inside going out. Always keep in mind that you’re making Elmo’s fur.
- For the eyes, you can simply use white marshmallows. Put two of them together at the top.
- You’re going to need chocolate for the eyes. Squirt some on top of the white marshmallows.
- As for the nose, an orange peanut M&M will do. Or you can use a similar oblong-shaped orange candy.
- Last is the Elmo’s smile. With your chocolate frosting, draw a big happy smile across Elmo’s face. You can also use half an Oreo in its place.
I really Hope you enjoy making this ideas for Elmo Cupcakes
Thanks to Kidspot Australia for the picture!