A Dulce De Leche Cupcake Recipe…
“ Dulce de leche is a thick, milk-based caramel sauce. It is probably most popular in South American Spanish and Portuguese-speaking countries, but variations exist in other countries and cultures as well.” Baking Bites Now in Cupcake form To me it sounds lovely so I had to find out more
Dulce De Leche is very popular at the minute with many different recipe ideas and versions, well now you can make your own Dulce De Leche Cupcake Recipe, recipe by house blog.
Dulce De Leche Cupcake Recipe
This Dulce De Leche Cupcake Recipe makes 12 cupcakes…
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan or insert paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the sugars and butter. Add the eggs and vanilla until combined. Alternate the flour mixture with the milk until you get a smooth batter. Spoon into the muffin pan wells equally, about 2/3 full.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a testter comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
Dulce de Leche Buttercream:
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup dulce de leche
Cream together softened butter and powdered sugar on low using an electric mixer. Add cream, salt, and vanilla and beat on medium speed until smooth and no lumps appear. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the prepared dulce de leche and beat to incorporate. Frost cooled cupcakes using a knife or a pastry bag and tip.