If you like chocolate, you will love this amazing double chocolate loaf cake! Its very rich in flavour and simple to do.
This great recipe by BBC Good Food is easy to follow and tastes amazing. I love loaf cakes as their great to cut up and serve to friends and family. I like serving them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 175 g softened butter , plus extra for greasing
- 175 g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 140 g self-raising flour
- 85 g ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100ml milk
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50 g plain chocolate chips or chunks
- few extra chunks white, plain and milk chocolate , for decorating
Follow this method right and this recipe will soon become one that you will whip up everytime your in need of a chocolate fix
1. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Grease and line a 2lb/900g loaf tin with a long strip of baking parchment. To make the loaf cake batter, beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, flour, almonds, baking powder, milk and cocoa until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips, then scrape into the tin. Bake for 45-50 mins until golden, risen and a skewer poked in the centre comes out clean.
2. Cool in the tin, then lift out onto a wire rack over some kitchen paper. Melt the extra chocolate chunks separately in pans over barely simmering water, or in bowls in the microwave, then use a spoon to drizzle each in turn over the cake.
Leave to set before slicing.
I hope you enjoyed making and eating this recipe as much as i did